RPG Limit Break
What is RPG Limit Break?
RPG Limit Break is a weeklong charity speedrun marathon in support of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) and NAMI Utah. Gamers all over the world are coming together from May 9-14 to speedrun a wide variety of console & PC Role Playing Games. Viewers may donate to enter in for prize drawings and chances to name characters in the games!
[Return for a live-feed of the RPG Limit Break marathon from May 9–14]
Watch live video from RPGLimitBreak on www.twitch.tv
About Mental Illness
Millions of Americans, 1 in 5 or nearly 60 million people, face the day-to-day reality of living with a mental health condition. We get it. We’ve been there. We offer help and hope; we improve lives and take a stand.
NAMI means more than simply hope—we educate families and those living with mental health conditions and advocate night and day to ensure better lives for everyone.
About NAMI Utah
NAMI Utah is the state chapter of NAMI and like our national leaders, we envision a world free of stigma and discrimination where all people impacted by mental illness are able to access the help they need to enter into recovery. Through an army of committed volunteers, we offer mental health education courses and support groups state wide. We also provide peer-to-peer mentorship, guiding those in need through our complex mental health system and connecting them to the resources and services essential for them to heal. Last year, we were able to help over 6,000 people in these areas alone. More broadly, we work to promote mental health awareness and offer education across all sectors of our community ranging from schools and local business to law enforcement and local governments. All of our services, supports, education, and advocacy are provided at no cost, achieved only through the financial support of donors, foundation giving, fundraisers and charity events like this one. Learn more at www.namiut.org.
Raise Awareness for Mental Health Month
During the month of May, NAMI and participants across the country are bringing awareness to mental health. Each year we fight stigma, provide support, educate the public and advocate for equal care. Each year, the movement grows stronger.
We believe that these issues are important to address all year round, but highlighting these issues during May provides a time for people to come together and display the passion and strength of those working to improve the lives of all Americans whose lives are affected by mental health conditions.
1 in 5 Americans will be affected by a mental health condition in their lifetime and every American is affected or impacted through their friends and family and can do something to help others.
Share mental health awareness information, images and graphics with #mhm or #mentalhealthmonth and help spread awareness for the stigmafree pledge with #StigmaFree.
What Your Donations Can Do
- $50 provides up to five NAMI mental health education student manuals for those attending our free courses. Folks attending these courses call NAMI manuals their mental health bible and their go-to resource to navigate their day to day challenges. Last year, we had over 1,000 students in our NAMI mental health education courses.
- $100 provides a toolkit to launch a NAMI on Campus program so that college students learn about mental illness, raise awareness about mental illness at their campus and help reduce stigma.
- $500 supports the HelpLine for one day. Trained staff and volunteers field calls from around the country and connect people to information, resources, and help in their communities for themselves or a family member affected by mental illness.
- $5,000 helps us update the NAMI AIR app for both iOS and Android platforms. NAMI AIR is another way for people to find and give support, and connect with others through their smart phone or tablet.
- $45,000 We are able to serve over 800 people through our Mentoring Program, a peer-to-peer model that connects individuals with mental illness or their family members with a NAMI Utah Mentor who offers not only a listening ear and guidance but connects people to the right resources, services, supports and treatments that are central to health and wellness.
Thank you to the dedicated players and viewers of RPG Limit Break—40 players and viewers from around the world from last year’s event, raised nearly $50,000 to help NAMI continue it’s mission for saving and improving lives.