Scientific Research Award
We are pleased to announce the selection of Matcheri Keshavan, M.D., as our 2019 NAMI Scientific Research Award honoree in recognition of his work in psychosis.
The NAMI Scientific Research Award, supported by the Peter Corbin Kohn Endowment, recognizes the work and research of individuals creating a difference and moving our scientific understanding and treatment of mental illnesses forward.
Research is an important component of NAMI's mission to build better lives for the nearly 60 million Americans affected by mental health conditions. Each year since 2005, NAMI has honored leaders in scientific research that exemplify our theme of Inspiring Hope Through Research.
NAMI will present its 2019 Scientific Research Award on Thursday evening, November 14, in Washington, DC. The Reception will be preceded by a lecture given by our honoree. The evening will mark the 15th presentation of this award. Many of our former honorees will be with us to share the occasion and to help us celebrate the work of Dr. Keshavan.
For more information, please contact Jessica Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org
NAMI's Dedication to Research from the 2016 Scientific Research Award event.
- 2019: Matcheri Keshavan, M.D.
- 2018: Melvin G. McInnis, M.D. FRCPsych(UK) and Sue O’Shea, Ph.D.
- 2017: Sophia Vinogradov, M.D.
- 2016: Michael C. Carroll, Ph.D, Steven A. McCarroll, Ph.D., and Beth Stevens, Ph.D.
- 2015: Marsha M. Linehan, Ph.D., ABPP
- 2014: Lisa Dixon, M.D., M.P.H
- 2013: Patrick D. McGorry, A.O., M.D., Ph.D., FRCP, FRANZCP
- 2012: Nancy C. Andreasen, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2011: Jeffrey A. Lieberman, M.D.
- 2010: Robert M. Post, M.D.
- 2009: Dr. William Carpenter
- 2008: Dr. Judith L. Rapoport
- 2007: Dr. A. John Rush
- 2006: Dr. Charles Bowden
- 2005: Dr. Daniel Weinberger
See our 2019 Event Sponsors