NAMI is pleased to announce the nine candidates for the 2022-2023 NAMI Board of Directors! Five candidates will be elected to serve for the standard three-year term.
All nominees are NAMI members and members of the NAMI Affiliate or NAMI State Organization making the nomination. Nominations were made by NAMI Affiliates and NAMI State Organizations in good standing - those organizations that have submitted their memberships and paid dues by the membership deadline 70 days prior to NAMI's annual meeting.
In addition to their statements of candidacy and their NAMI affiliations and other Board service, each candidate profile includes the letter of nomination from the NAMI Affiliate or NAMI State Organization recommending them for service to the NAMI Board and a summary of statements both the candidate and the nominator provided in support of their candidacy, along with a 5-minute recorded speech from the candidate.
The candidates are listed in the order that the written nomination was received by NAMI:
- Michael Teitelbaum, nominated by NAMI Metropolitan Baltimore (MD)
- Brenda Scott, nominated by NAMI California
- Jim Reiser, nominated by NAMI Gainesville (FL)
- Ellen D. Ritz, RN, nominated by NAMI New York State
- Cathryn Nacario, RN, MHA, nominated by NAMI San Diego (CA)
- Dr. Sheldon A. Jacobs, nominated by NAMI Southern Nevada
- Amy Brinkley, CRS/CHW, CAPRCII, nominated by NAMI Indiana
- Pooja S. Mehta, MPH, nominated by NAMI North Carolina
- Joseph Gatto, nominated by NAMI Connecticut
Live Candidate Speeches
While NAMICon 2022 will be taking place virtually this year on June 14-16, we will still provide all NAMI Board candidates with an opportunity to make their "on-site" Convention speeches which typically take place the day before the election closes.
NAMI hosted a Virtual Town Hall on Thursday, June 2 at 5:00 p.m. ET where all 2022-2023 NAMI Board of Director candidates had the opportunity to speak directly to the membership. Click here to watch a recording of the live speeches.
If you have questions about the 2022 NAMI voting and elections process, please send an email to [email protected]