NAMI and The Steve Fund will spotlight experts and advocates sharing insights on mental health and mental illnesses in communities of color. Discussions will center these topics in the context of structural inequities, the pandemic and the economic crisis. Presenters will also share the full range of mental health care and psychiatric treatment options, support groups and other resources that can foster thriving among Black families.
After the panel discussion, NAMI’s Chief Executive Officer Dan Gillison will moderate a Q&A session.
- Gordon Bell, Board Member, The Steve Fund, Moderator
- Daniel H. Gillison, Jr., Chief Executive Officer, NAMI, Moderator
- Dr. Janice Beal, President, Beal Counseling Associates, Mental Health Expert, The Steve Fund
- Sherman Gillums, Jr., Chief Strategy and Operations Officer, NAMI
- Ellis Gordon, Former Husband of the late Bebe Moore Campbell
- Dr. Napoleon Higgins, President and CEO Bay Pointe Behavioral Health, Executive Director, Black Psychiatrists of America
- JB Moore, Executive Director, NAMI Prince George’s County, Md.
- Marc Morial, President and CEO, National Urban League
- Dr. Annelle Primm, Senior Medical Director, The Steve Fund
- Harold Turner, Executive Director, NAMI Urban Los Angeles
- Bonnie Watson Coleman, U.S. Representative, N.J.